Celebrate July 4 Along the James River at Rocketts Red Glare
Post Date: 06-17-2019
Fireworks burst over the James River and Richmond city skyline.
Sand in the City Pro Beach Volleyball Tournament
Hosted by the Richmond Volleyball Club, Sand in the City features 24 two-person professional teams from across the country. They’ll compete over two days (July 3 – July 4), and end the tournament with a bang — literal fireworks!
- July 3: Tournament starts at 8:00 am, and event site’s open until 10:00 pm.
- July 4: Tournament starts at 8:00 am, with Finals at 7:00 pm. Event site’s open until 11:00 pm.
Two days of professional beach volleyball will fill our riverbanks during Rocketts Red Glare.
Rocketts Red Glare – Festival & Fireworks
On July 4, while spectators
soak up volleyball tournaments, we’ll also be hosting people along our
riverbank for some fireworks, food, and fun! In partnership with RVC, Richmond Region Tourism, City of Richmond, and 288
Events, Rocketts Red Glare will provide the perfect backdrop for the Fourth of
July along the James River.
- Beer Garden: Craft alcohol will be available featuring locally made beer, wine, spirits, and cider, like RVA–based Belle Isle Craft Spirits. National brands will also be available, including non-alcoholic drinks. Attendees are also welcomed to bring their own bottles of water
- Food Trucks: An array of food options will be onsite, such as Redemption BBQ, The Bombay Co., King of Pops, and more.
Rocketts Red Glare is a family-friendly event.
- VIP Seating Area: For those interested in reserved seating for the tournament and fireworks, you can buy VIP passes that range from $25 – $55. The passes include additional perks, like VIP–only food options.
- Parking Passes: Free
street-side parking will be onsite but will fill fast. Reserve your own parking spaces with a variety of options.
- Fireworks: Enjoy Richmond’s only fireworks display along the James River, featuring patriotic music coordinated with the show. Fireworks start at sunset.
Bring your smiles and celebratory vibes down to Rocketts Red Glare.
To learn more about the festival, visit the Rocketts Red Glare website. We look forward to welcoming everyone down to Rocketts Landing!